[Qgis-developer] backporting and development branch

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Dec 11 03:30:13 EST 2011

Hi all.
I think we should avoid like hell the error other sw dev teams have done, i.e. having
two parallel, partly working versions.
IMHO we should:
- backport regularly any bugfix and relevant new features (e.g. the browser) that do
not rely on API breakage, and release minor versions very often
- keep the plugins (at least the most important and widely used) working both on the
stable and on the development branches, so that power users will continue (as they
are doing today) to use and test the development version.
Of course I realize this will involve some extra effort, therefore I'm ready to help.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu