[Qgis-developer] Composeur feature

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Dec 13 04:28:32 EST 2011

 Hi Yves,

> * is it possible to add snapping line in composer. I mean click on
> the border
> of the sheet and move a line on the sheet like GIMP or Photoshop.

 One can enable a grid and snap to the grid. Would this be sufficient.
 In addition, there are already alignments of selected objects and
 absolute positioning at corners and middle points.

> * it will be a nice feature to add new page to add new object too big
> in a new
> page

 not sure what you mean here? Do you mean if f.e. a table is too large
 it would automatically flow into another page?

 I believe this would all result in a reporting tool. A reporting tool
 would be responsible for automatic line breaks and flows - something
 like Jasper. People should use Jasper for this purpose and just use the
 map view from QGIS.

> * edit Text form: do you plan to add more feature like italic, color,
> bold, in
> a toolbar for more action on the text?

 Currently this is only possible per label, not for selected text. What
 you ask is a simple "text editor". Not sure if such components already
 exist in qt? Marco, do you know?

> * is it possible to create an automatic line return for the legend
> just
> changing the width of the legend?

 do you mean "text flow"/automatic line breaks?

 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)