[Qgis-developer] Georeferencer produces wrong (shifted) result

Manuel Massing m.massing at warped-space.de
Wed Dec 14 17:26:29 EST 2011

Hi Agus,

> Cannot download http://www.warped-space.de/Ilerfly125v2_modifziert.tif,
> I get:
> Oops! This link appears to be broken.

sorry, the correct link is

	http://www.warped-space.de/Ilerfly125v2_modifiziert.tif

> The procedure we follow is:
> 1. Set project to CRS EPSG:23031
> 2. No On the fly reprojection
> 3. Start georeferencer and open ilerfly125v2.tif and its points file
> with the settings displayed

thats correct, and I did exactly the same (except for the scale change - might
be worth checking out), but couldn't reproduce the shiftr (my results match
the output of the arcgis version).

I've got a lot on my plate right now, but if I find the time I'll try to look
this is a regression in qgis or the georeferencer, as I said I'm still on 1.7
atm.

How do the residuals look in the georeferencer? Is there a noticable bias
(i.e. do they all point in one direction?)

Also, make sure there was no world file influencing the unreferenced file
(something like Ilerfly125v2.wld), the georeferencer can't handle that.

I also noticed that you used a scale change, does the shift also appear
without scale change?

cheers,

	Manuel