[Qgis-developer] Georeferencer produces wrong (shifted) result

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 01:04:42 EST 2011

Manuel answers a message I  sent to him only. He includes all relevant
parts of my message except the link to the arcgis result:
https://sites.google.com/site/openfiles2/home/ilerfly125v2geoarcgis.7z?attredirects=0&d=1

Manuel,
There is no wld file for the input layer
The GCP table with errors can be seen here:
https://sites.google.com/site/filestemp2/home/GCP.jpeg?attredirects=0&d=1

As I'm using gdallib1-1.8.0.2, could this be a gdal problem? Could
anybody else using gdallib1-1.8 amd qgis1.7.3 verify (I provided all
necessary material)?

We have solved the practical issue for this particular image using
another software, so we are not in a hurry. But I'm a bit surprised
by the little attention that this problem is raising among developers.
A correct georeferencing is a critical
issue for a GIS. If this bug is confirmed, users should be warned.

Agus