[Qgis-developer] Symbol properties dialog from plugin

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 01:50:11 EST 2011

Thanks Marco, that worked!

I first create a symbol using
         self.symbol = QgsLineSymbolV2()
And then I can edit it using
         QgsSymbolV2PropertiesDialog(self.symbol,self.layer).exec_()

There is only one concern, the rubber band does not accept a full
symbol, only a width and a color. Is there a reason for that?

BTW, I just applied to this list, and I don't really know how to answer
emails as I checked the daily digest option. Does anyone has a tip?

Thanks again,
Greetings,
Denis

    Hi Denis

    You can use the class QgsSymbolV2PropertiesDialog and pass existing
    symbol and vector layer in constructor. Afaik the symbol will be changed
    directly, however it is possible to make a backup with clone().

    Regards,
    Marco