[Qgis-developer] plugin autopackaging scripts

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Dec 28 05:56:11 EST 2011

On 2011-12-28 11:25, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> We (faunalia) have a script for autopackaging our python plugins. I know others have
> made the same. I think this is very useful, as it allows painless frequent release of
> new versions, and avoids common errors.
> I think this should become part of standard infrastructure, applied by default to
> every plugin added to common repo.
> Any thoughts?

Can you put it somewhere so we can have a look? I think the new plugin
infrastructure does already a good job in testing the plugin contents.

I'm working with makefiles myself. If I'm correct the pluginbuilder also
gives you a makefile if you create a new plugin.

I'm fine with whatever script there is (I'm not so good with Makefiles),
as long it is working for me, and I can make it working for me :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

ps I also think it is good if a plugin dev is aware of the exact way of
packaging: I think it is a learning process for them also.