[Qgis-developer] plugin autopackaging scripts

Giuseppe Sucameli sucameli at faunalia.it
Wed Dec 28 07:35:32 EST 2011

Hi all,

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde
<rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:
>> We (faunalia) have a script for autopackaging our python plugins.
>
> Can you put it somewhere so we can have a look?

the Faunalia auto-packaging script [1] is executed as a post-commit
svn hook script for the plugins in the Faunalia qgis_plugins trac [2].

It packages the source and copy it to the repository server, but also
update __init__.py version and the repository plugins.xml (on the
repository server) according to some configuration options in a
config.txt file [3].

Of course this cannot be used as it is because we have no svn repos
(Redmine repository instances uses git), but we may do something
similar for git.

> I think the new plugin
> infrastructure does already a good job in testing the plugin contents.

Updating the repository plugin.xml is already done by the new
plugin infrastructure when uploading a new version of a plugin.

> ps I also think it is good if a plugin dev is aware of the exact way of
> packaging: I think it is a learning process for them also.

I agree with you, but making it easier could be a good improvement
also for devs.

Regards.

[1] https://trac.faunalia.it/qgis_plugins/browser/branches/test/autopackaging.py
[2] https://trac.faunalia.it/qgis_plugins/