[Qgis-developer] Bug bounties

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Dec 30 10:25:43 EST 2011

Hi all.
As you may remember, in spring we started an experimental bounty initiative, in an
attempt to speed up the resolution of some bugs. The initiative was not a success, in
the sense that only a few bugs were fixed (4/17=25%), at the cost of some extra admin
burden. Any suggestion on how to improve it will be welcome. Perhaps we could
increase the bounty, currently insignificant, and add more tickets, to increase the
diversity of potentially interested devs.
In the meantime, I would suggest not to pay the bufixers directly (for such small
amounts it would not make sense), but wait until they accumulated a more reasonable
amount (say, 100 €). If so, the workflow in redmine should be modified to have closed
bugs with pending payment. All the process is recorded and can be followed through
redmine: just select all tickets where Tracker is Bounty.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu