[Qgis-developer] Fwd: Re: [Qgis-user] Repository for TimeManager plugin in Python plugin installer (qgis 1.7.3)?

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Sat Dec 31 06:45:31 EST 2011

Dnia sobota, 31 grudnia 2011 o 09:14:08 Alexander Bruy napisał(a):
> Hi,
>
> 2011/12/30 Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:
> > Isn't it the time to add it as a atandard repo in master?
>
> It's already added to 1.8 and master branches.But 1.7 branch
> still use only "old repo". AFAIK there are no changes needed
> in Plugin Installer to work with new repo. One thing we should
> do is simply add one line with repos URI to code.

Better to backport whole installer_data.py file from master to keep
consistency. The new repo is second Official (=is automagically added to the
list without clicking the 3rd party button), while the original installer code
from 1.7 only allows one official and a list of contributed ones.

Do you think it makes a sense to also release an Installer update
for QGIS < 1.7.4? This way even 1.0 users will have the new repo added, and
we'll be able to safely close the old repos some day.