[Qgis-developer] Apology long overdue - FOSS4G 2010 QGIS Workshop

Paul Wickman paul at northstargeographics.com
Wed Feb 9 18:43:59 EST 2011

Folks,

To those of you who had signed up to attend my Quantum GIS workshop at last year's FOSS4G Conference in Barcelona, this letter to you is long overdue.

Please accept my most sincere and most earnest apology for failing to appear to teach the workshop last year.  The reasons were complex, but nevertheless I wanted to acknowledge my failing.  I disappointing the attendees, the larger QGIS and FOSS4G communities and suspect lost credibility among some of you and the FOSS4G organizers.  I have sent a separate letter directly to Oscar Fonts and Pirmin Kalberer expressing this same message.  I cannot amply describe my regret and embarrassment; the damage is done.

In the spirit of making amends, I would like to offer to teach a free webinar workshop on GeoNetwork OpenSource for anyone who had signed up for that workshop.  I know it's not exactly the same but I'd like to extent the offer all the same.  I will be communicating with the organizers of last years conference, asking them to extend this offer to those who had signed up for the workshop.

Many Regards,

Paul Wickman
Northstar Geographics
paul at northstargeographics.com