[Qgis-developer] Memory problems in QGIS Application

Federico J. Fernández federico.fernandez at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 21:38:37 EST 2011

I've been experiencing memory problems with a QGIS Application that I'm
doing with the QGIS API.

I tried to make the minimal application that seg faults, and I found this:

INT WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
    PSTR lpCmdLine, INT nCmdShow)
{
  // Start the Application
  int argc = 0;
  QgsApplication app(argc, 0, TRUE);
  MainWindow * mypMainWindow = new MainWindow();
  [...]

MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget* parent, Qt::WFlags fl)
    : QMainWindow(parent,fl)
{
  QgsMapCanvas *m = new QgsMapCanvas(this);
  delete m;
  [...]

Visual Studio closes the application with:

Unhandled exception at 0x773c2016 in ???????????????.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
violation reading location 0x174bdc83.

Stopping at line "delete m;"

Any clue? Thanks in advance.

--