[Qgis-developer] "Official" code for data-mining

Andrés Maneiro amaneiro at icarto.es
Sat Feb 12 11:40:40 EST 2011

Hello there,

a couple of colleagues and I are working on data-mining some foss4g
software repositories to better understand how the community works.

In order to analyze QGIS software base, we think is a good idea to take
the code from the last official release:
http://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/branches/Release-1_6_0/

As far as I know, QGIS has some external plugins (some official and some
not) and also has integration with GRASS. In this early stage of our
study, we plan to analyze the "core" features in the trunk of
development, taking away optional plugins for now.

So, I'm interested to know if the link to code below is a "complete"
picture of what last official release of QGIS integrates. It would be
also useful to know if you consider relevant to add to our study other
external repositories to that one *or* delete from this study some of
the code (plugins, ...) in that branch.

What do you think?

best,
amaneiro