[Qgis-developer] Re: New Symbology : merge borders on nodes for lines

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 07:40:08 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM, kimaidou <kimaidou at gmail.com> wrote:
>> By the way, the vocabulary used here is a bit confusing, no ?
>> What does "Symbol levels" means ?
>
> I agree.  I have looked at that dialog before but didn't really understand
> it.  IMHO it should be reworded into something less technical.
> - Nathan

I have used the terminology from esri, I'm not sure how other GIS call
this functionality.

The whole concept of changing the default order of how symbol layers
are rendered is not that simple, so it's quite hard to find a good
name for it and GUI that wouldn't be confusing. Any ideas for
improvement are highly welcome.

Martin