[Qgis-developer] Re: New Symbology : merge borders on nodes for lines

Robert Rehammar robert at rehammar.se
Fri Feb 18 09:29:15 EST 2011

Just a late thought on this related to the naming. Instead of having a
separate dialogue for the symbol layers, why not have the order they
appear in the main style dialogue define the rendering order (see
i.picoodle.com/8b7i0rot). That seems natural to me.

Cheers,
Robert

On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 13:40 +0100, Martin Dobias wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM, kimaidou <kimaidou at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> By the way, the vocabulary used here is a bit confusing, no ?
> >> What does "Symbol levels" means ?
> >
> > I agree.  I have looked at that dialog before but didn't really understand
> > it.  IMHO it should be reworded into something less technical.
> > - Nathan
>
> I have used the terminology from esri, I'm not sure how other GIS call
> this functionality.
>
> The whole concept of changing the default order of how symbol layers
> are rendered is not that simple, so it's quite hard to find a good
> name for it and GUI that wouldn't be confusing. Any ideas for
> improvement are highly welcome.
>
> Martin

Robert Rehammar
rehammar.se/robert