[Qgis-developer] Plugin Development C++ Windows - Any response?

maaza mekuria sailmcm at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 05:26:23 EST 2011

Can it be possible to create a minimalist plugin using c++ in Windows Visual C++ Express without using all the bells and whistles that are in the other plugins such as CMakelists?

Your help may make a difference between using Python and C++. I was able to copy a Python plugin and easily adopt it to my own version of a plugin. I was able to add and remove GUI items by just editing the UI file. I want to do something similar using C++. Is it impossible for a new comer? Do I need a Computer Science degree to? But it should not be as they say "Rocket science" to write a little function.

I promise if I get it to work, I will share it with those who are suffering the famine for information. I am not sure why there is lack of documentation on such a simple matter or may be it is not simple or it is esoteric because it is highly dependent on many secret doors and passageways.

I confess my stubbornness to use C++ is due to the type of work being a bit intensive and I also have already a C++ code for it and I just need a nicer interface and data store that is free as in "Free Chai" inside QGIS.

Anybody there listening to the call from QGIS (Quiet or Slow GIS) desert?

Maaza