[Qgis-developer] QGIS and Google Summer of Code - ideas page on the wiki

Wang Bo wbprime at live.cn
Sat Feb 19 00:11:39 EST 2011

I am annoyed when clicking "http://google-melange.com/" to get some
information about GSOS2011 I get a blank page with nothing. That means
this site is blocked by my school. I don't know why.

I have a question. That is how to collect ideas for applicant for QGIS in
GSOS2011. There are only 4 ideas indeed on the page for GSOS2011 in Qgis
wiki .

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 20:51:11 +0800, Mohammed Rashad
<mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am intersted in QGIS orfeo toolbox of google summer of Code. In the
> wiki
> page no student name was given. can I apply for it? If yes how
>
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> as ideas for the GSoC are coming up, I started collecting them on a new
>> wiki page:
>>
>> http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2011
>>
>> Please fill up the items with a short summary! I also welcome devs to
>> sign up and choose the ideas they'd like to mentor.
>>
>> Feel free to reuse past years' ideas too. Last year the number of
>> accepted applications was function of the number of proposals, so the
>> more ideas we collect, the more students have the chance to be accepted!
>>
>> all the best,
>> Anne
>> --
>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Aghisla

This letter comes from Wang Bo together with best wishes.