[Qgis-developer] QGIS and Google Summer of Code - ideas page on the wiki

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 04:54:51 EST 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 5:53 AM, Mohammed Rashad
<mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see a link here
> http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2011#QGIS_Orfeo_Toolbox
> posted by AnneGhisla
> there is not student name and mentor name.
> 1. How can I add my name in qgis GSoC wiki?

Please do _not_ add your name to the GSoC page: it is for collecting
ideas for students, not for assigning students.

> 2. How to find a mentor for this project
> Where to submit my proposal for the above said project

GSoC has not started yet. We do not even know if OSGeo will be chosen
as a mentoring organization. According to the timeline [1], student
applications can be submitted from March 28.

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/timeline

Martin