[Qgis-developer] New Symbology / OSM/ ICONS

Mayeul Kauffmann mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr
Sat Feb 19 08:21:31 EST 2011

Thanks for the suggestion Martin!
Icons are available here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?344x43313q3xx8n

They are meant to be used with the tutorial here:
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Using_OpenStreetMap_data

I was hoping to find something without restrictions and if possible
dedicated to open source material.
I could not find it here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_map_symbol_set

There is http://www.openclipart.org (which supports multiple uploads,
collections and packages) but I cannot upload a zipped file, hence I
cannot reproduce the folder structure required for qgis to find the
right files.
So I've put the icons I'm using on mediafire:

osm_icons4qgis_v1.zip
(If I do not login often enough, this might be destroyed).

All the icons that either SJJB or myself created are copyright free
(CC-0). I do not know the status of the others (mostly, the others are
preinstalled with qgis).
See http://www.sjjb.co.uk/mapicons/introduction

Mayeul