[Qgis-developer] Hackfest vs. Code Sprint

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Feb 21 06:42:44 EST 2011

On lun, 2011-02-21 at 11:03 +0000, Barry Rowlingson wrote:

> I thought the idea behind not calling it a "code sprint" was to
> encourage non-coders (graphic designers, doc writers, testers etc) to
> participate? Perhaps "Developer Meeting" or "Development Meeting"
> (subtle difference)?

You may be right. A more generic term could be good.
In fact, the event could move to a real general QGIS event, putting in
contiguous days the HF itself (ehm, CS) and an user meeting; I think
this could encourage more participation of people scared of development,
but that could contribute to the project.
All the best.
--
http://www.faunalia.it/pc