[Qgis-developer] OSM icons for QGIS vector rendering

Mayeul Kauffmann mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr
Mon Feb 21 19:41:05 EST 2011

Hi Kimaidou, Hi everybody,

Kimaidou: Maybe I already created some of the icons you need. Anyway, I
wish to release the ones I created under the license SJJB used (CC-0)
and I slightly improved some of his icons. I just added some details on
this here:
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Using_OpenStreetMap_data#Add_new_OSM_icons

I also put the shell scripts I wrote to generate svg coloured icons on
linux (SJJB only generated PNG coloured files). I also uploaded my new
raw
(gray scale/script-proof) icons
( http://www.mediafire.com/?344x43313q3xx8n ). It would be an honor for
me if SJJB accepts to redistribute them with theirs!

I also uploaded my qgis styles on trac (ticket 3222): that's 225 rules
for points alone, showing 225 icons (I choose the one to focus on based
on frequency in OSM data and on icon availability, creating a few new
icons, possibly with a local bias: you cannot map a single Italian
village without an ice cream shop, so I needed to map this! ... to find
the ice cream shops more easily myself of course ;-)

To answer your comment about your email sent to SJJB icon creator:
I do not know the contact details of the creator of the SJJB icons. But
based on the following link, maybe your contact at SJJB might be
johnny_automatic: http://www.openclipart.org/search/?query=maps Am I
right?
Anyway, could you give me his email and/or forward this message to him?
Thanks.

Hope this helps,
Mayeul