[Qgis-developer] Raster providers

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sun Feb 27 13:08:53 EST 2011

Hi Radim

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
>> Also I noted that for greyscale images they always seem to load with
>> min 0 / max 0 and I have to manually go into properties to load them
>> from the layer.
>
> For me it loads with source data type range (tested with UInt16) and
> it works the same
> way in trunk. QgsRasterLayerProperties are using
> mRasterLayer->minimum/maximumValue()
> which is by default the source data type (passed to
> QgsContrastEnhancement) range.
>
> Maybe 'Contrast enhancement' should be set to 'Stretch to MinMax' by
> default for SingleBandGray?
>
> There was little confusion in types of data read for stats calculation
> for GDAL, fixed.

Thanks its working great now. The grayscale issue I was having I can't
replicate with the data I have here at home - will try again tomorrow
on my office pc with the original dataset - as far as I know that
machine is already set to stretch to min->max by default.

>From playing around a little on my samsung netbook, I would say
performance seems quite ok for raster reprojection given the CPU's on
these machines are slow.

I found two other issues:

- pyramids tab no long shows options to build pyramids (you can
replicate with that test dataset I pointed you to).
- it would be nice if the 'collar' - the part outside the image data
area in rotated images was made transparent by default.

Otherwise its looking great for a merge into trunk soon and being part of 1.7!

regards

Tim

> Radim

 * QGIS programming and support services