[Qgis-developer] Raster providers

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 14:48:17 EST 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Thanks its working great now. The grayscale issue I was having I can't
> replicate with the data I have here at home - will try again tomorrow
> on my office pc with the original dataset - as far as I know that
> machine is already set to stretch to min->max by default.

Sorry, you were right, after selecting 'stretch to min/max' and apply,
the min max values were set wrongly. Fixed now in GDAL provider
(was missing const, uff).

> From playing around a little on my samsung netbook, I would say
> performance seems quite ok for raster reprojection given the CPU's on
> these machines are slow.

I have done some more optimization today, still not the best but acceptable,
for me, the reprojection takes about 75% of time more.
BTW: compiling as Release, the reprojection time was reduced to about 25%.

> I found two other issues:
>
> - pyramids tab no long shows options to build pyramids (you can
> replicate with that test dataset I pointed you to).

Fixed. The methods were not virtual, but how on earth it could work before?

> - it would be nice if the 'collar' - the part outside the image data
> area in rotated images was made transparent by default.

Isn't it? The data outside source data extent are null. That is the source
of all the troubles with null values handling and types remapping.
The grey border around the tif you posted is part of the image. Is not?

Radim