[Qgis-developer] QGIS and Google Summer of Code - ideas page on the wiki

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 14:55:10 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 1:08 AM, Giuseppe Sucameli <sucameli at faunalia.it> wrote:
> As far as there's some work to do before turning to the new symbology (some
> features work
> in old symbology but are still missing in the new one), but also the new
> labelling needs
> some work (and maybe diagrams??), why don't we insert it as proposal?
>
> I don't know both if there are people that are working on those feature now
> and if this proposal
> can conflict with people worked at those features.
> Martin, do you have question about adding old-new symbology integration to
> the gsoc proposal?
> And about the old-new labelling system, are there reasons to not add it to
> the proposal?

Sure, a project for transition to new symbology / labeling can be added too.

Generally when adding ideas for GSoC projects, it's good to add some
details about the project. The potential students applying for GSoC
may not be very familiar with QGIS. They need to know more details -
what exactly is missing, what should be the result of such project and
maybe also some suggestions how that could be accomplished. Otherwise
the idea will be most likely overlooked. Two paragraphs should be
enough. For example, KDE had a well-done page with ideas:
http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2010/Ideas

Martin