[Qgis-developer] SQL Anywhere Library conflict

Dave.DeHaan at sybase.com Dave.DeHaan at sybase.com
Fri Jan 7 11:26:30 EST 2011

Hi Tim,

When I installed my linux QGIS build environment it was on a machine with
SA12 already installed, so when I encountered these build errors I thought
it was a problem with the GDAL configuration and didn't recognize it was a
library conflict.  My solution at the time was to append the full path to
libodbcinst (/usr/lib/libodbcinst.so) to the CMake variable GDAL_LIBRARY.

However, a better solution is to delete libodbcinst.so and libodbcinst.so.1
from the lib{32,64} directory your SQLA installation.  These are simply
soft-links to our implementation of the ODBC ini parser, provided as a
convenience to SQLA app developers.  Deleting these soft-links should not
cause any problems.

Best regards,
Dave

----