[Qgis-developer] MCELite: An experimental tool for multi-criteria evaluation (MCE)

JP Glutting jpglutting at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 11:43:00 EST 2011

Hello All,

I just wanted to let you know that I have uploaded my tool, MCELite, to the
PyQGIS repository. I had to try a few times to get it uploaded, but it seems
to work when downloaded from the repository.

MCELite takes raster files representing decision criteria and analyzes them
using three types of multi-criteria evaluation (MCE): Boolean overlay,
weighted linear combination (WLC) or ordered weighted averaging (OWA). It
also does sensitivity analysis of the results of an analysis. It hasn't been
extensively tested, so it is marked as experimental, but it does run on
Windows, OS X and Linux. The package includes documentation and soem sample
data data sets and configuration files (it reads configuration files in
addition to having interactive input).

Because I wrote it for a study project, I didn't use any existing code (it
turns out it wouldn't have been a problem, but I wanted to be safe) and I
rolled my own Raster object to do the overlay instead of using rastercalc or
something like that. I can still rewrite the back end, but it would be a lot
of work.

The big thing missing from the tool is any kind of fuzzy set membership
analysis. I couldn't find any plugins for QGIS, so you need to create the
input rasters with another tool, if you want to do any kind of interesting
analysis.

Anyway, feel free to try it out, and let me know when it breaks. I am sure
it still has tons of bugs.

Thanks!

JP