[Qgis-developer] Re: Raster providers

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 08:54:40 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 9:49 AM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Marco,
> the code is quite ugly at moment, I still keep old pieces of code commented.
>
> Regarding the reprojection, I would like to implement the approximate
> reprojection (similar to mapserver you showed me) in
> QgsRasterDataProvider::readBlock and overwrite it only in WMS
> provider. GDAL warp is too slow (as expected) and no way to speed it
> up AFAIK.

Btw. today GeoTools/GeoServer guys published a blog post about
improving raster reprojection speed:
http://geo-solutions.blogspot.com/2011/01/developers-corner-improving.html

There's also a link to a more verbose 35-page tech report on this
matter. From a brief look it's the same approach as used in MapServer.

Martin