[Qgis-developer] Re: Raster providers

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 07:20:59 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> The approximate reprojection would be cool. Wouldn't it be better to implement
> it on rasterlayer level instead instead of QgsRasterDataProvider::readBlock?
> Like that, all providers would have reprojection capabilities (e.g. GRASS
> too).

QgsRasterDataProvider::readBlock can be either used (inherited) by
provider (including GRASS) or it can be reimplemented in the provider.

> With one of my favorite test dataset, I noted a problem with automatic
> assignment of nodata value and automatic insertion into the transparency list.
> In that case, the raster is a colortable map (byte) and has no nodata value.
> So 255 is set to transparent and the map appears completely different than
> expected...

I'll look at it, can you put somewhere on Web a piece of that raster?

> Is it correct that the draw() method which returns QImage is not necessary
> anymore (or only for API compatibility for now)? Seems it can be handled quite
> nicely with QImage::bits().

No, at moment it is not used, it was used by providers returning image (WMS)
but I have used another data type ARGBDataType instead.

Radim