[Qgis-developer] Python scrpt to join attributes from DBF - ftools is very slow

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 21:36:14 EST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to join attributes from DBF file to shapefile and I find
flools very slow to do this job.

Here is the facts
1. DBF file is 44.8 Mb to be joined to shapefile
2. flools is working but only creating 2 Mb per 30 minutes on dbf file.
3. Qgis freezed by flools is still working.

At this rate, it will take me 22 hrs to get the final result.

Any python script or any script, solution to speed this job?

Do you think doing this job using spatialite will speed up completion
of this job?

Thanks.

Noli