[Qgis-developer] Wiki page: switching from old to new symbology, missing bits

Robert Rehammar robert at rehammar.se
Tue Jan 18 15:15:38 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is out of scope for the new label engine, but it
would anyway be a nice feature:

Make the label text an answer to a SQL question instead of a single
field. In particular, make it possible to form strings from several
fields and fixed strings, e.g.
label = my_first_column + " " + my_second_column.
It should also be possible to add control characters, e.g. "\n".

For the rule-based symbology, make it hierarchical, so that it could
look e.g. like
if my_fist_column = 1
  if my_second_column = 1
  if my_second_column = 2
if my_fist_column = 2
  if my_second_column = 1
  if my_second_column = 2

Controlling e.g. the second rule should make it change in all
appropriate places, e.g. changing the if my_second_column = 1 to
if my_second_column = 3 should change this on all places.

Cheers,
Robert

--
Robert Rehammar