[Qgis-developer] Highlighting feature with 'Identify' tool

Ivan Mincik ivan.mincik at gista.sk
Wed Jan 19 05:10:43 EST 2011

Hi,
is there any special reason that after using 'Identify' tool on polygon
feature, it is highlighted by its outer shape (whole polygon extent
area) rather than by exact geometry like it is done by 'Select' tool ?

Example:
1. Draw multi-polygon feature containing few holes.
2. Click on polygon using 'Identify' tool. Whole polygon including holes
is highlighted.
3. Click on polygon using 'Select' tool. Exact polygon shape is
highlighted (without holes)

I think, current behavior is quite confusing, when You have big
polygons, containing holes where another polygons exists.

I seams, there is related ticket on this [1].

[1]   http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2190

Thanks

--
Ivan Mincik, Gista s.r.o.