[Qgis-developer] Highlighting feature with 'Identify' tool

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jan 19 15:44:12 EST 2011

On 01/19/2011 02:10 AM, Ivan Mincik wrote:
> Hi,
> is there any special reason that after using 'Identify' tool on polygon
> feature, it is highlighted by its outer shape (whole polygon extent
> area) rather than by exact geometry like it is done by 'Select' tool ?
>
> Example:
> 1. Draw multi-polygon feature containing few holes.
> 2. Click on polygon using 'Identify' tool. Whole polygon including holes
> is highlighted.
> 3. Click on polygon using 'Select' tool. Exact polygon shape is
> highlighted (without holes)
>
> I think, current behavior is quite confusing, when You have big
> polygons, containing holes where another polygons exists.
>
> I seams, there is related ticket on this [1].
>
> [1]   http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2190
>

> Thanks

It might have something to do with the fact that you can Identify
multiple layers at the same time, so in that sense the Identify would
include anything in the hole underneath your layer too. Looks like the
ticket you found in trac is the same thing. I suggest you add your
description to provide more details to it.

Thanks,
Alex