[Qgis-developer] A roadmap to QGIS 2.0

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 06:11:41 EST 2011

sure - but you are a dev ..
think of a normal user ..
i have a lot of people working here in my company that install a
program and are afraid of going to the next version because "probably
something might not work as expected" or "buttons are placed
elsewhere" ..
I also do not have such problems - but thats because i am used to test
new software every day ..
but i definitely can understand the view of a "normal or new" user ...

It was just the suggestion that we surely should go on with
development but also provide the user with a known interface and a
known version number called "stable"

On the other hand - I can already hear the rants "plugin xxx is not
working in my qgis" when the plugin is meant to run in a higher
version .. but thats one of the things we would have to deal with ..

kind regards
Werner