[Qgis-developer] A roadmap to QGIS 2.0
nsicad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 16:01:54 EST 2011
> Werner wrote:
>> On the other hand - I can already hear the rants "plugin xxx is not
>> working in my qgis" when the plugin is meant to run in a higher
>> version .. but thats one of the things we would have to deal with ..
> Forum and user mailing list will be flooded with such posts. We'd need a
> really good plugin installer mechanism that informs users about which
> versions are required for a plugin. Of course plugin devs also have to be
> aware of possible problems.
I think the plugins should have:
1. ReadMe file
- for instruction for needed packages to be installed to make it run
and where to get it (URL) if needed
- Minimum QGIS version for the plugin run
- possible problem
- python version needed to run
- mailing list (e.g. QGIS- developer) to post the problem and bugs.
- how to uninstall / delete the plugin
2. Changelog file
- for bug fixes and changes for every update
- credit for patches and testers and ranters
3. HTML file
- description / induction of the plugin
- for the help
- and it should link in the "HELP" Button in the plugin
4. HELP Button for the above reason
6. Email address of the developer
- for contact and rant directly to the developer.
5. About Form for the plugin with Help Button and email address of the
I think plugin problems and bugs should be posted in the
QGIS-developer and CC: the developer.
The plugin problem should be posted with "Plugin" as as first part of
the title topic in posting.
Re: Plugin: PostGIS query not working in Windows 7
These suggestions apply to QGIS 1.x and QGIS 2.0.
More information about the Qgis-developer