[Qgis-developer] A roadmap to QGIS 2.0

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Mon Jan 24 11:14:29 EST 2011

Hi Sergey

> I think it is optimal and really roadmap. Please comment...

Thank you for commiting the roadgraph plugin to trunk.

> > Release Checklist 1.8 - Not yet named 	1 July 2011
> > Сonstructing graph part is stable and moved to analysis/vector library

Yes, it will be great to have the routing functionality in the analysis lib
(and the gui elements in app as discussed).

> C++ plugin developer can use boost graph library

The role of the boost library is not clear to me. Do you mean that plugin
developers may use it or do you plan to implement parts of the analysis/vector
code on top of boost?

Regards,
Marco

Am Samstag, 22. Januar 2011, um 23.00:18 schrieb Sergey Yakushev:
> Hi, All.
>
> This roadmap for integration RoadGraph plugin in to QGIS:
> > Release Checklist 1.7 - Not yet named 	1 April 2011
>
> Plugin have advanced export tool. Plugin can find shortest path on polygon
> layer (eg, the chip move on water)
>
> > Release Checklist 1.8 - Not yet named 	1 July 2011
>
> Сonstructing graph part is stable and moved to analysis/vector library.
> Python plugin developers can use NetworkX ( http://networkx.lanl.gov/ ),
> C++ plugin developer can use boost graph library (
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_45_0/libs/graph/doc/table_of_contents.html
> ).
>
> For demo I write simple plugin. This plugin can be find мinimum spanning
> tree.
>
> > Release Checklist 2.0 - Not yet named 	1 September 2010
>
> Мany tools for network analysis and visualisation.
>
> RoadGraph plugin is a simple and user-friendly plugin for routing. On all
> steps.
>

> I think it is optimal and really roadmap. Please comment...
>
> --
> С уважением Якушев Сергей yakushevs at list.ru

Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland