[Qgis-developer] Plugins repository

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:46:13 EST 2011

2011/1/24 Václav Řehák <rehakv01 at gmail.com>

> Dne 21. ledna 2011 19:37 Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com>
> napsal(a):
> >
> > Hi Václav,
> > AFAIK the plugins app was already complete at the beginning of december
> even
> > if it still needs some testing.
> > The missing piece was the authentication bridge with OSGEO.
> > I've seen some recent commits on github so at least somebody is still
> > working on it:
> > https://github.com/qgis/qgis-django/tree/master/qgis
>
> I was able to login with OSGEO id and to upload experimental version
> of my plugin.
>
> However, the site still claims my plugin is not published and it is
> not clear to me, how to publish it. If it requires approval by an
> administrator, can you make it clear in the interface so plugin
> authors are not confused?

Sure, I've added a warning message when an untrusted user uploads or edit a
plugin.

The whole process is described in the specs:

http://www.qgis.org/wiki/PluginRepository

 and here:

https://github.com/qgis/qgis-django/blob/master/qgis/plugins/docs/introduction.rst

I don't have access admin access to the running site, someone who have this
privileges should approve (give trust) to plugin authors and/or flag other
users as staff so that they can help in the approval process.

Thank you for testing the new plugins app.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it