[Qgis-developer] dxf read

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Jan 26 11:05:08 EST 2011

Am Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2011, um 13.37:02 schrieb Marco Hugentobler:
> > Or we could extent the layers to have three renderers - one for each
> > geometry type.  We recently added NoGeometry - so I figure we know where
> > to look now. That way we could also get rid of that PostGIS filter trick
> > (ugly because you could remove the filtering subset string).
>
> Sounds like a good solution in the longer term. Currently, there are also
> some parts in the edit tools and gui that assumes all the objects have the
> same feature type.

Hm, thinking again about it and looking at all the editing tools,
symbolisation dialogs, labeling and plugins, etc. that are based on the
assumption that a layer has a single geometryType, it seems to me this is
something for QGIS 3...

Whereas the filter approach for OGR is something that would be includeable
pretty soon.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland