[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] Is there a way of installing the qgis plugin for ORFEO Toolbox (OTB)?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Jan 27 13:09:42 EST 2011

We could look to the way R does this. On Windows and Mac(most of the
time) it will pull a binary from the server, on a linux box it will
usually run a compilation for your system and throw an error if you
don't have the build tools installed.

I'm not sure on the particular inner workings but it shouldn't be too
hard to read up on the source of the R command install.packages() for
someone who understands C (Though it might be written in R). We could
always right the tool in python that calls the compiler.

Thanks,
Alex