[Qgis-developer] Re: Grouping toolbar buttons

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 14:38:22 EST 2011

>Hi all
>
>I want to discuss one question about QGIS GUI. There are several
>toolbars with buttons in QGIS, some buttons have similar appointment.
>For example there are five buttons for adding layers and all this buttons
>needs space on toolbar.
>
>What do you think about replacing this buttons (and similar) with one
>button with dropdown menu [1] as we already see in Select, Measure
>and Annotation tools? This will save some extra space on toolbar.
>
>I think this can be done for add layer buttons in QGIS and export map
>buttons in Composer. Also may be for zoom buttons in QGIS
>
>[1] http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/4302/layermenubutton.png

+1
for add layer and some other section (selection, editing, ...).
I guess it would be better if also the last clicked button (of the
dropdown menu) is always availabale directly (one click) on toolbar.

-1 for navigation button.
They are very useful and two click for ask a pan or zoom seem too much.

my 2ct:

--
Andrea Peri