[Qgis-developer] Re: [SoC] QGIS mobile weekly report #5

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jul 5 07:22:46 EDT 2011

 Hi,

 I think as a data source it would be very nice to have SpatiaLite
 support in Android (as others on the list have already pointed out).
 Having to go through ESRI Shapefiles is very clumsy. Using SpatiaLite
 one could convert a Postgis based QGIS project to SpatiaLite through the
 offline editing plugin. One could preserve column names and everything
 would be in one file.

 For me QGIS Android would be much more compelling and easier to use
 with SpatiaLite.

 But I understand that qgis-core and a basic GUI would be the first work
 items during the porting.

 Andreas

 On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 11:55:50 +0200, Martin Dobias wrote:
> Hi Marco
>
> thanks for the update.
>
> When trying to compile QGIS on android I think you only need to aim
> for compilation of qgis_core library and few providers. I would
> suggest completely disabling compilation of qgis_gui, the application
> itself, plugins, mapserver, python support and other components. Once
> qgis_core library compiles you have everything necessary in order to
> start developing a new QML-based GUI optimized for mobile phones /
> tablets.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Martin
>
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Marco Bernasocchi
> <marco at bernawebdesign.ch> wrote:
>> Here [0] my last week report. Sorry for the delay, I wasn't home.
>> I've everything ready for trying cross compiling QGIS to android
>> this week.
>>
>> http://www.bernawebdesign.ch/byteblog/2011/07/05/gsoc-2011-weekly-report-5/

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A