[Qgis-developer] Re: [SoC] QGIS mobile weekly report #5

Marco Bernasocchi marco at bernawebdesign.ch
Tue Jul 5 07:31:34 EDT 2011

Hi andreas

Marco
www.bernawebdesign.ch
(sent from my mobile)
On 5 Jul 2011 13:23, "Andreas Neumann" <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think as a data source it would be very nice to have SpatiaLite support
in Android (as others on the list have already pointed out). Having to go
through ESRI Shapefiles is very clumsy. Using SpatiaLite one could convert a
Postgis based QGIS project to SpatiaLite through the offline editing plugin.
One could preserve column names and everything would be in one file.

The spatiaLite lib shouldnt be problematic to crosscompile. It has been
partially done already.
I ll quickly try tonight.

> For me QGIS Android would be much more compelling and easier to use with
SpatiaLite.

I agree
> But I understand that qgis-core and a basic GUI would be the first work
items during the porting.

Definetly! And gps integration.

http://www.bernawebdesign.ch/byteblog/2011/07/05/gsoc-2011-weekly-report-5/