[Qgis-developer] The optimal size for SVG symbols

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 16:00:59 EDT 2011

Hi,

I need to create many SVG symbol to use as fill for polygons rendering.

Someone is preatty easy to do because the fill is a simple fill with
diagonal lines.
But some symbol is a more complex regular pattern of little object.
I need to know the right size of the SVG symbol to have the correct reply of
pattern without breaks.

I try with 32x32 but it seem to be no optimal.

An example:

I need to do a fill with this pattern:

 *   *   *   *   *   *
   *   *   *   *   *
 *   *   *   *   *   *
   *   *   *   *   *

I try to create a SVG with this pattern but when apply it the qgis renderize
in this mode:

 *   *   *   *   *   *

I guess this is due to wrong size of my SVG symbol that not is optimal for
the pattern.
Bu I don't know the size that qgis need to have.

thx,

--
Andrea Peri