[Qgis-developer] SVG repo (was: The optimal size for SVG symbols)

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Jul 7 03:32:32 EDT 2011

@Paolo

Symbol sharing and svg marker sharing are on the todo list for the new
django infrastructure

@Werner

Sorry if it is still confusing - we are trying to consolidate
everything in one place and under one framework so that it is easier
to manage, maintain, backup etc.

Basically:

OSGEO SVN Hosting -> Github GIT Hosting
OSGEO Trac -> hub.qgis.org

then the new sites:

users.qgis.org
plugins.qgis.org
planet.qgis.org
etc

If you go to any one of the above, you will find links to all the others.

Some code still exists in svn (code examples, documentation etc.) and
will be mitgrated to git in due time.

Regards

To,

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Werner Macho <werner.macho at gmail.com> wrote:
> great idea!
>
> a few remarks from my side:
> Just my own opinion - i feel during the 1.7 release (svn->git,
> trac->redmin) the pages are a bit split and the users (including me)
> are sometimes confused.
> It seems that we are in the urgent need of a cleaner to clean out all
> redundant and obsolete information on the web (also with the probably
> migration of the forum to a new place in mind)
> my opinion is that creating more and more (surely cool and useful)
> websites is a way that really confuses users..
> Could we probably consolidate the things a bit to "shrink" us clean?
>
> just as a note .. (and the idea of prividing svg repositorys is really
> a great idea)
>
> regards
> Werner
>
> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 8:12 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
>> Hi all.
>> This prompts me an old but more and more urgent question: do we want a way for user
>> to add and share their set of symbols, much in the way we do for python plugins?
>> There are a number of resources available online (just discovered:
>> http://thenounproject.com/ ; thanks Giovanni) and the possibility of adding and
>> removing similar sets would greatly improve the usability of QGIS.
>> It does not seem an heavy task, essentially we have to mimick the behaviour of the
>> plugin installer.
>> Any taker?
>> All the best.
>>
>> Il 07/07/2011 06:11, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:
>>> There is no "expected size" of your SVG document. I would recommend
>>> using a square size for your document.
>>
>> --
>> Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc

 * QGIS programming and support services