[Qgis-developer] QGIS Processing Framework

MALIK Julien julien.malik at c-s.fr
Fri Jul 8 01:46:10 EDT 2011

Hello Camilo,

Some feedback about your todo list :

- constraints and validator is low priority to me : it can be handled
by the underlying implementation for now
- user level is low priority to me as it will probably be easy to add
this feature later when the big things will be in shape
- interactive parameters : higher priority to me. Having a way for the
implementation to tell the GUI "update every widgets". Maybe I already
have a way to do that (?)

A few things you don't mention :
- running the processing modules programmatically
- progress reporting
- logging
- multiple values parameter type (at least to provide a "multiple
input layers" parameter type)
- parameter groups (what happen currently with the SAGA "nodes" ?)

I agree with your analysis : being able to access the QGis layers for
the input/output is now the most important thing to focus on.

What precisely is blocking you on this topic ?
I saw some recent updates adding a combobox with the layers but did
not test it yet. The implementations could handle the conversion into
their own internal data structure from the MapLayer objects.
I know at least that on the OTB side, a first step will be getting a
gdal/ogr compatible dataset name and pass them as input files to the
implementation.
As I can remember, SAGA has a "gdal/ogr" importer module for inputs,
and the output should be simple also as the saga file format is
supported by gdal.

Regards,
Julien