[Qgis-developer] QGIS mobile GSoC 2011 weekly report #6

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sun Jul 10 17:51:19 EDT 2011

Hi Marco

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Marco Bernasocchi
<marco at bernawebdesign.ch> wrote:
> Here [0] My Report,
> cheers Marco
>
> [0]
> http://www.bernawebdesign.ch/byteblog/2011/07/10/gsoc-2011-weekly-report-6/
> ______

Just reading your updates - I wonder if it wouldnt be better to have a
different strategy for dialogs on android. In particular they should
rather be simplified and aligned to the user interface norms of the
platform. I don't think the user is going to have a good experience
trying to use the gui dialogs from the desktop, and if you take that
approach you also add a burden on maintainers of the desktop ui to
understand the potential impacts of changes on the mobile platform.
The mobile versions of dialogs could be much much simpler with only
the most basic options.

Just my 2c :-)

Regards

Tim