[Qgis-developer] Rethinking the testing and release procedure of QGIS

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 05:33:10 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> On Thu, 07. Jul 2011 at 16:21:43 +0200, Martin Dobias wrote:
>> I agree with Tim. Basic infrastructure for testing is there, it just
>> needs quite some work to cover at least commonly used routines in the
>> core library. At the same time we should reintroduce nightly builds
>> with testing (and alerts to mailing list on broken tests). There was a
>> BuildBot instance for qgis on osgeo server, but later something went
>> wrong with the server and it wasn't restored.
>
> IIRC you were working on an option to run the test without installing first at
> the hackfest.   How did that go?

I still have it uncommitted somewhere. Basically what I was trying to
do was to override the path where compiled files are created -- to a
directory structure resembling qgis tree when installed. There is
still an issue with various resources (srs database, svg files etc)
that are outside the build tree. On linux this could be handled by
some symlinks, however on windows we would probably need to copy these
files or use some other tricks.

Regards
Martin