[Qgis-developer] Qwt now required?

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Jul 14 06:31:41 EDT 2011

Hi Dave

8<------------------snip----------------------
.

> In the release announcement of 1.6 ( http://blog.qgis.org/node/146 ), it
> states "Replaced raster histogram implementation with one based on Qwt", so
> I'm guessing that that might be where the dependence came from. It's kind of
> unfortunate that it became a required dependence for such a small addition,
> but apparently that's the case and I'll just have to get it installed on all
> my machines before upgrading to 1.7.

Agreed but there was also a lot of interest for it to be included by
default because a lot of plugin writers are using it. My apologies for
the hassle. If you dont need it we could probably ifdef out the
related bits out and make qgis build without it.

That said are you not using just QGIS core and gui classes in your Qt
app then? I'll need to check but we should not need to link those to
Qwt, just the app.

Regards

Tim

> Thanks,