[Qgis-developer] Qwt now required?

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Jul 14 06:33:51 EDT 2011

Hi Again

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave
>

> 8<------------------snip----------------------
> .
>>
>> In the release announcement of 1.6 ( http://blog.qgis.org/node/146 ), it
>> states "Replaced raster histogram implementation with one based on Qwt", so
>> I'm guessing that that might be where the dependence came from. It's kind of
>> unfortunate that it became a required dependence for such a small addition,
>> but apparently that's the case and I'll just have to get it installed on all
>> my machines before upgrading to 1.7.
>>

> Agreed but there was also a lot of interest for it to be included by
> default because a lot of plugin writers are using it. My apologies for
> the hassle. If you dont need it we could probably ifdef out the
> related bits out and make qgis build without it.
>
> That said are you not using just QGIS core and gui classes in your Qt
> app then? I'll need to check but we should not need to link those to
> Qwt, just the app.

Just to follow up on the above:

[gui] ldd /usr/local/lib/libqgis_core.so | grep qwt
[gui] ldd /usr/local/lib/libqgis_gui.so | grep qwt
[gui] ldd /usr/local/bin/qgis | grep qwt
	libqwt-qt4.so.5 => /usr/lib/libqwt-qt4.so.5 (0x00007f568ec32000)

So on my system, only the qgis app itself links to qwt and you should
not need to link to it from your app at all.

Regards

Tim

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net