[Qgis-developer] Re: DB Manager integration

Maurício de Paulo mauricio.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 16:14:19 EDT 2011

Ok, right now I think I finished the improvements on the loader. It can now
create overviews, external tables and customized block size.

So I started testing the wktraster loaded with the rt_sql_layer plugin. As
intersection (raster,vector) returns vectors, it's already possible. The
code bellow is an example of how to get a profile from a raster and load in
qgis.

*SELECT foo.rid, foo.gid,
   (foo.geomval).geom As geom, (foo.geomval).val
FROM
    (
SELECT A.rid, g.gid , ST_Intersection(A.rast, g.the_geom) As geomval,
nextval('teste') as mid
 FROM topo2 AS A, "testeL" As g
) As foo
where
(ST_IsEmpty((foo.geomval).geom)=False);*

The result was succesfull, but it's not what I expected. Am I right to think
that it should only give me values on the vertexes? The result was a huge
amount of linestrings, each representing one pixel, I think. It's almost
impossible to view in QGIS.

Well, at least it's working. I think we can split the functions on postgis
raster in two type: geometry and raster returning functions. So there might
be some SQLs that are going to show raster and some that are going to show
vector. I'm still confused as how am I going to make it easier for the users
as this behavior is extremely different from the postgis geometry behavior.

Best regards,
Mauricio de Paulo