[Qgis-developer] Marking commits with [BACKPORT]

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Jul 14 08:49:42 EDT 2011

Dear Devs

Following on on the 'lets make 1.7 stable' discussions, could we
establish a custom to mark commits with [BACKPORT] if they are
candidates for cherry picking into release-1_7_0 branch? I am happy to
merge them in myself but it will help me to pick out bug fixes and
tweaks that can be pulled into the release branch. I guess [FEATURE]
and [BACKPORT] are mutually exclusive anyway so we shouldnt have any
conflicts there.

If you want to merge your fixes directly into the release branch
yourself that is also fine (but still mark them as BACKPORT).

Thanks

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux