[Qgis-developer] plugins/providers are not libraries

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Jul 20 14:46:10 EDT 2011

Hi William

I'm not too deep into the topic (but I remember I had to change the wfs
provider and plugin years ago to avoid direct linking from plugin to provider
because of the plugin/library difference on OS X ).

Has there been any change in the GRASS related code such that a direct link is
necessary? I thought there wasn't any development activity in the  GRASS
provider and plugin.

Regards,
Marco

Am Mittwoch, 20. Juli 2011, 16.14:28 schrieb William Kyngesburye:
> Could we get a resolution on this:
>
> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/3999
>
> I've been putting off a Mac dev package for a while, partly while I figure
> out osgearth build stuff and partly because I don't want to package it
> without GRASS support.  (I don't want to use the workaround that may only
> be working by luck.)
>
> -----
> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>
> "The beast is actively interested only in now, and, as it is always now and
> always shall be, there is an eternity of time for the accomplishment of
> objects."
>
> - the wisdom of Tarzan

Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Sourcepole - Linux & Open Source Solutions
Churerstr. 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland